The Commercial Real Estate Tech Gap: A Survey of Owners, Operators and the Opportunities to Align on Innovation & What’s Important
Impactful technology has the power to help owners and operators optimize net operating income, and the market is open to and ready for new, innovative solutions to do just that. Ultimately, tech platforms need to provide excellent outcomes for users.
To better understand how CRE is modernizing through increased investment in technology, Building Engines fielded a national survey of more than 200 CRE owners and operators, and uncovered:
- What business challenges CRE owners and property teams are facing that technology can address
- What are the expected benefits of investment in technology
- How owners and operators can both better leverage and benefit from technology
According to survey responses, 89% of owners and operators believe technology is shaping the CRE industry, but many are struggling to manage various point solutions that are now littered across their technical ecosystems. To address this challenge, owners and operators must standardize on modern, cloud-based systems with an open architecture that facilitates data flows between key systems.
In the quest to find the right solution, key questions owners and operators must ask themselves include:
- Who will be using the tech solution and why?
- Do the benefits outweigh the cost?
- Which tech solutions deliver real value, and what’s smoke and mirrors?
- Will this solution give my team the visibility and standardization they need?
Download the full report to learn how the findings from the survey and our analysis can help inform your answers to those questions.