Improves the tenant experience at commercial real estate properties anywhere, anytime.
Building Engines, the commercial real estate industry’s innovation leader for building operations software, today announced the release of its enhanced tenant services mobile app, “The Hive.”
Building on the success of Building Engines’ previous tenant mobile app, The Hive enhances the tenant experience through improved convenience and customer service delivery. With this new mobile enhancement, commercial real estate (CRE) managers will improve tenant engagement while increasing satisfaction and retention. Powered by The Hive’s tenant-centered mobile capabilities, tenants can register visitors, submit service requests, review and approve estimates, as well as receive urgent updates and promotional broadcast messages from building management – anywhere, at any time.
“Commercial property managers know that an improved tenant experience and deeper tenant engagement lead to increased satisfaction and higher tenant retention; however, only 20 percent of them believe they have the necessary tools to increase retention,” said Jody Saarmaa, Vice President, Product Management of Building Engines. “Our goal with The Hive is to give managers those tools. By empowering their tenants with greater visibility and control over their working environment through anywhere, anytime access to Building Engines’ tenant-facing capabilities, we’re confident that building managers will enhance tenant engagement, increase satisfaction and, ultimately, improve tenant retention.”
CRE Professionals Seek More Modern Means to Strengthen Tenant Relationships
The Building Engines 2016 Tenant Relationship Management (TRM) Survey Benchmark Report revealed that 54% of CRE professionals believe that modern property communication tools, such as mobile apps and online work order software systems, increase tenant satisfaction. The report also confirmed that giving tenants mobile tools to identify problems and access resources tops CRE professionals’ wish lists.
The Hive by Building Engines Provides New Tools for Stronger Tenant Relationships
The Hive provides tenants and their building managers with a modern, mobile means to instantly communicate with management, address building issues and access resources whenever they may need them and wherever they may be. It includes new features that enable CRE professionals to improve tenant satisfaction and build stronger tenant relationships, including:
- Enabling urgent and value-added communication such as urgent broadcast messages, building updates, and simple promotional offers and coupons for the property and nearby retailers/restaurants.
- Streamlining service request submissions by accommodating the realities of the new mobile tenant workforce and meeting their needs for transparency with on-demand access to service request status and an integrated ability to share feedback. This release empowers tenants to report concerns from anywhere, giving property managers a jump on property-related issues before they become emergencies.
- Empowering more tenant users to submit work orders from anywhere at any time. By providing office managers with tools that enable them to quickly review and approve work orders and estimates, The Hive allows them to improve employee satisfaction.
- Staying on top of office visitors with mobile visitor scheduling, watch lists and more.
- Streamlining resource reservations by enabling tenants to reserve conference rooms and loading docks right from their mobile phones.
Consumer-grade without the Hassle
The Hive takes the hassle out of managing a consumer-grade tenant mobile app. The powerful, free app is integrated with the rest of the Building Engines suite of functions, and is updated automatically to ensure quality. To help drive adoption, Building Engines provides easy-to-use promotional tools.
Price and Availability
The Hive is available immediately for Apple and Android devices at no charge to tenants whose property managers use Building Engines property management software. Tenant users can download the free app from the Apple App Store and the Google Play store.
About Building Engines
Building Engines is a cloud-based provider of property management software for progressive operations teams at commercial office, medical, retail and industrial real estate properties. Our web and mobile applications seamlessly connect property management teams with the activities, data and insights they need to improve operational efficiency, mitigate risk, improve tenant satisfaction and engagement and make more informed operational decisions. Clients of Building Engines include many of the leading public REITs, private owner/managers and third-party management firms in the United States and Canada. For more information about Building Engines, please visit: www.buildingengines.com.